Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Biodata

My name is Aung Thein. I am currently a third year undergraduate student in National University of Singapore (NUS). I received Diploma of Civil and Environmental Engineering from Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) in February 2007. At the same time, I was awarded the Silver medal graduate among the batch from Year 2007. With the excellent academic records at NP, I managed to secure an undergraduate place in Civil Engineering in NUS to further my study.

I have a highly independent and self-motivated personality. In addition to be excelling in my studies, I also work constantly as part-time employee in various jobs in order to support my own living expenses and to gain more experiences in different fields. During my tertiary studies in NP, I worked as a sale assistant in Cold Storage supermarket for more than 2 years. And, I had gained many experiences in the area of customer service and managing stock in a service department from that job.

Soon after I got my diploma, I joined a local engineering consultant firm as an Engineer’s Assistant. My job scope included drafting structure drawings, doing design calculations and coordinating architects and contractors with engineers. Although, I only had 5 months of service time in that company, I have learnt many practical experiences relating to structural engineering and, also, many business aspects of engineering. After resigning from my full time position, I was offered a part-time draftman position by my Manager as a recognition of my dedication in the job.

My career’s goal is to become a professional engineer in the field that I pursue. Because of the working experiences that I have had, I realize more values in studies from a more practical point of view and that is also the main motivation that drives me to perform my best.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. Best wishes in becoming a professional engineer.

MRDPE
TheProfessionalEngineer.com

Hui Xuan said...

Hi Sammy,

from you biodata, I can see that you really enjoy what you are studying now.

Your work experiences will really add bonus to your resume. I guess many students do not have such many working experience.

All the best your career.

Yu Ming said...

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for the comment. Good luck with your job hunt too.

Brad Blackstone said...

This is an excellent bio, Sammy, covering various aspects of your background. Very clear and fluent. You could use this in a job application, for sure.

Thanks for the effort!

Sammy said...

Thanks BB. ya, I will add it in.