Saturday, November 8, 2008

learning reflection


Time flies. It has come to the final week of the semester. I look back and ask myself what I have gained in ES2007s? I try to recall the things that had been covered in this module.

One of the main topics that I can remember is the understanding of the intercultural communication skills. Before taking this course, I did not realize the importance of understanding others’ cultural background in building up effective communication skill. For instance, I used to think that if I can do it, anybody else can do it also. As a result, I expected the same kind of attitude from others when working together. It often led to some tense situation when we have different values in minds. However, through the articles online, discussion in class and the blog post, I have gained a better understanding of the components of the intercultural communication and begin to appreciate the importance of its role.

Blogging is one of the major emphases of this module. I also learnt the usefulness of blogging, it helped me understand better from other people’s perspectives and have more interactions with classmates.

One thing that I like about this module is the concept of having peer-review before the actual submission. I felt that it is very useful when you have other people providing you with the suggestions to improve on your work.

My overall learning experience is quite satisfactory. I have literally gone through the complete process of job finding to job interview, report preparation and presentation. I would say that I have gained a micro-view of the effective communication, and have came to know the different areas that I need to work on in order to improve my communication skills.

Finally, I would like to thank Brad for being so patient and spending so much time to read through all the blogs, reports, letters and many others things and provided many constructive feedbacks. And also, thanks to all the classmates for all the help provided.

Note: The picture is extracted from http://hildygottlieb.com/2007/06/07/are-you-ending-or-beginning/

45 comments:

xin yi said...

Yo Sammy!

I totally agree with you about the peer review part. It's amazing how much we can learn from each other. Because we all think and see things differently, our feelings and thoughts about something can differ so greatly. Especially for the written report, I think it was great that we got some feedbacks. Made things alot easier isn't it? =)

Angeline said...

Hi Sammy!

Thanks for being such a nice blog buddy! I appreciate all the feedbacks that you have suggested for my blog posts! Thanks again! :)

joyce said...

Dear Sammy,

This is the first time I am leaving a comment on your post! Although we did not interact much, but you are one of the 18 members who helped make the class unique! Hope to see you at class lunch on Friday!

Tiffany said...

Hey Sammy!

I love the picture you posted! it really ties in with marking the end of our ES module. But I guess this is only the beginning for most of us because when we soon graduate, we'll be needing these skills that we have learnt from ES especially the resume and cover letter writing!

Though we haven't really interacted much, I'm glad you were part of my exciting learning journey throughout this course!

Cheers!

Sammy said...

Thanks for all the responses, it had been a wonderful learning experience for me as well. :>

Sammy said...

Ya, Xinyi, exactly, it make things a lot more easier and better also.

Eileen said...

Hi Sammy,

I also find the picture very relavant to this post! It seals up the whole chapter of this module. It may be an end to this semester, but certainly our communication doesn't end here! Thanks for everything and it's been great to know you!=D

Oxy said...

Dear Sammy,

This is the first time I'm commenting on your post! I agree with you that this module has been very useful in preparing us for the job application in the future. I personally do not have a blog prior to this for I thought that blogging was a waste of time. now, I've finally realize how useful blog can be in exchanging ideas!

Brad Blackstone said...

Thank you, sammy, for the reflection and accolades in this fine last post. I'm happy to hear that you feel like the course has been worthwhile, in its various aspects. You've worked very hard, so you've benefitted, I think. What you put in is what you get out.

I appreciate all your effort, your teamwork and your good cheer. Best of luck in your future!

SeowHon said...

haha....
will you continue blogging here?
seems a very good starting point here...:)
I'm really surprised that you had comment alot on my blog...thank you very much!
All the best to You~!!

美麗新世界 said...

Habit is a second nature...................................................

發燙 said...

與其爭取不可能得到的東西,不如善自珍惜運用自己所擁有的........................................

touch said...

成功是一把梯子,雙手插在口袋裡是爬不上去的。..................................................

國昆 said...

thank you for you to make me learn more,thank you∩0∩ ........................................

瑜吟 said...

風平浪靜時,人人都可以當舵手..................................................

406IraidaMathew0 said...

淫亂火辣美女本土av情色視訊聊天免費色情網站性經驗色情成人影片色情視訊聊天av圖av情色情趣娃娃成人電影院淫蕩18禁色情電話情色成人網辣妹自拍台灣av女優台灣情色春宮台灣色情成人網站0401影音g點成人vcd情色影片520sex性愛圖視訊妹調情視訊美女聊天美女性交台灣性樂園成人影像走光打砲裸女寫真美女裸照露奶激突論壇情色圖片做愛線上a片做愛視訊情色成人成人交友穿幫色情a片情色全裸入鏡台灣情色網

士瑋 said...

幸福是人人都要,又怎麼可能都歸你所有?要知道這世界幸福本來就不多........................................

玄雨 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光........................................

EdwardG_Burrell1016 said...

April showers bring May flowers..............................................

07_TeddyF_Silvey0 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。...........................................................................

07_TeddyF_Silvey0 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。...........................................................................

思姿穎穎 said...

A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody...................................................

凱文 said...

感謝分享好的作品~~.........................

季玉 said...

You are flattering me..............................................................

姿吟姿吟 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

立偉立偉 said...

Quality is better than quantity.................................................................

義珊義珊 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

淑賴ul貞俊李trt賢 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

琇白 said...

"Very interesting post!!!!Thanks for the information!!!!!!!..................................................................

吳婷婷 said...

什麼樣的學習計畫並不重要,重要的是你是什麼樣的人。............................................................

文郭ss華賴ss添卉顏俊s任 said...

單純喜歡你的部落格 留個言跟您問聲好~~............................................................

婉婷 said...

君子立恆志,小人恆立志。..................................................................

蔡舜娟蔡舜娟 said...

欣賞你的作品是我最近生活的動力~Go..................................................................

茂慧茂慧 said...

這不過是滑一跤,並不是死掉而爬不起來了。..................................................

珮瑜 said...

人不可以求其備,必捨其所短,取其所長............................................................

林彥以林彥以 said...

Seeing is believing.百聞不如一見............................................................

蔡書豪蔡書豪 said...

Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.............................................................

施以王雅玲音 said...

期待你的下次更新喔^____^..................................................................

彥麗威霞 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

雅明修任 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

黃子黃麗旺軒 said...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

偉曹琬 said...

在你一無所有的時候 是誰在陪伴你 他便是你最重要的人......................................................................

怡靜怡靜怡靜怡雯 said...

精彩,thanks!............................................................

淑芳 said...

這麼用心的經營你的文章, 當然值得我們留連拜訪的!...............................................................

于庭吳 said...

開懷幸福的生活,是每個人的夢想~~希望大家都能夠實現!...............................................................